Valbuzzi Valbuzzi 1955
The strain was isolated from a patient in North Queensland and described as a new serovar named valbuzzi (Smith, Brown, 1955).
The serovar represented by strain Valbuzzi is included in the list of 1967 (WHO, 1967) with the footnote: provisional classification pending further work. Babudieri considered the strain to be identical to Moskva V. However Dikken found certain differences which were supported by Kokovin (1970).The strain was submitted to factor analysis which confirmed its separate status (Kmety, Lataste-Dorolle, 1973).
It should be noted that according to the current criteria that define a separate serovar (TSC 1987), the serovars Grippotyphosa, Ratnapura, Valbuzzi and Muelleri actually consist of a single serovar (Hartskeerl et al., 2004).
* Smith D.J.W., Brown H.E. Two additional serotypes of leptospirae from North Queensland. Austr. Ann. Med. 4, 4, 1955, 287-290.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Kokovin I.L., Chernukha Y.P. Serologicheskaya klasifikatsia leptospir gruppy Grippothyphosa. Novij serotyp ratnapura (Serological classification of leptospirae of Grippotyphosa serogroups. A new serological type ratnapura). J. Microbiol. (Moscow), no. 10, 1970, 102-105.
* Kmety E., Lataste-Dorolle C. Analyse factorielle du serogroup leptospirien Grippotyphosa. Ann. Microbiol. (Inst. Pasteur) 124XB, 1973, 495-503.
* Hartskeerl RA, Goris MGA, Brem S, Meyer P, Kopp H, Gerhards H, Wollanke B. Classification of Leptospira from the eyes of horses suffering from recurrent uveitis. J Vet Med; Series B 51, 2004, 110-115.
* TSC. International Committee on Systematic Bacteriology, Subcommittee on the Taxonomy of Leptospira: Minutes of the Meeting, 5 and 6 September 1986, Manchester, UK. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml