Tsaratsovo B 81/7 1982
The strains B 52 and B 81 were isolated from harvest mice (Micromys minutus), in the Plovdiv district of Bulgaria by Ivanov in 1962. They were considered to constitute a new serovar named tsaratsovo with type strain B 52 (Manev, 1974 1975). However during further studies by Manev and others on subcultures and cloned cultures of the strain B 52, it was found that it changed its characteristics and appeared to be identical to these of serovar mozdok (Manev, 1982). The strain B 81 and its clone B 81/7 received by Bakoss, kept the original described antigenic characteristics.
Manev therefore proposed to consider the well studied clone B 81/7 as the new type strain of the tsaratsovo serovar (1982). Using the monoclonal antibody technique, Terpstra et al. (1987) considered the strain to represent a separate serovar. However, Hathaway et al. (1985), using cross-agglutinin absorption and restriction endonuclease analysis, did not reveal sufficient differences between the serovars tsaratsovo and mozdok. Therefore the strain is listed as giving controversial typing results (++) (Kmety & Dikken, 1988).
++ Strains which have given rise to controversial typing results but which were validly described.
* Manev H. On the type appurtenance of some Bulgarian Leptospira strains. Folia Fac. Med. Univ. Comenianae Bratisl. 12, suppl. l, 1974, 131-139.
* Manev H. On the type Appurtenance of the Bulgarian Leptospira Strains of the Pomona serogroup.III Congress of Microbiology, part II, Bulg. Acad. Sci. Sofia, 1975, 141-143 (in Bulgarian).
* Manev H. Notes on the reference strain of Leptospira interrogans serovar tsaratsovo. Acta Med. Bulg. (Sofia) 9, 1, 1982, 93-95.
* Terpstra W.J., Korver H., Schoone G.J., Leeuwen J. v., Schonemann C.E., De Jonge¬Aglibut S., Kolk A.H. Comparative Classification of Leptospira Serovars of the Pomona group by Monoclonal Antibodies and Restriction Endonuclease Analysis. Zbl. Bakt. Hyg. A 266, 1987, 412-421.
* Hathaway S.C., Marshall R.B., Little T.W.A., Headlam S.A., Winter P.J. Differentiation of reference strains of leptospirosis of the Pomona serogroup by cross-agglutination absorption and restriction endonuclease analysis. Res. Vet. Sc. 39, 1985, 145-150.
* Kmety E., Dikken H. Revised List of Leptospira Serovars (accepted by the Subcommittee on the Taxonomy of Leptospira). University Press Groningen, 1988, p. 16.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 420,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 520,00 per 0.5 ml
|B 81/7||F48 C6||2001-01-10:48-6.5||0||0.50||add to cart |
|B 81/7||F46 C5||1984-01-20:46-5.1||20480||1.00||inquire |
|B 81/7||F46 C10||1984-01-20:46-10.1||10240||1.00||add to cart |
|B 81/7||F48 C3||1984-03-12:48-3.2||0||1.00||inquire |
|B 81/7||F48 C3||1986-04-14:48-3.3||0||1.00||inquire |
|B 81/7||F61 C7||1984-11-22:61-7.1||20480||1.00||add to cart |
|B 81/7||F48 C1||1993-03-31:48-1.3||0||2.00||inquire |