Tabaquite TRVL 3214 1977
The strain was isolated in 1965 from a patient in Trinidad by Spence et al. (1972) and was considered to represent a new serovar named tabaquite, reference strain TVRL 3214. No typing results were given. The strain was apparently typed by Galton (WHO, 1967), but no results were published. The Annex 1 of the official list of 1967 does not contain this strain, however in Annex 2 of this list the strain is mentioned under the incorrect designation TVRL 34056 (see also serovar Trinidad).
The strain was submitted to factor analysis by Kmety (1977), who confirmed its serovar status and suggested placing it in the proposed new Mini serogroup. During the TSC Boston meeting of 1982 this proposal was accepted. Its serovar status was finally confirmed by agglutinin-absorption test method by a RL after the TSC Manchester meeting of 1986. It was therefore listed by (o) in the Revised List (1988), but it is included in the attached updated list, unconditionally.
* Spence L., Downes W.G., Green A.E. Leptospirosis in Trinidad: Further studies resulting in recognition of two new serotypes. West Indian Med. J. 21, 4, 1972, 216-219.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Kmety E. Studium antigennej structury leptospir. Klasifikacia serologickej skupiny Hebdomadis. Folia Fac. Med. Univ. Comenianae Bratisl. XV., 2, 1977, 245-309.
* TSC meeting, 1982, Boston: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 34, 1984, 258-259.
* Kmety E., Dikken H.: Revised List of Leptospira Serovars (accepted by the Subcommittee on the Taxonomy of Leptospira). University Press Groningen, 1988, p. 16.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml