Pyrogenes Salinem 1923
The strain was isolated by Baermann in 1924 from the blood of a patient in Sumatra, Indonesia (van Thiel, 1948). It was supposed that this strain is identical to an earlier strain isolated by Vervoort named L. pyrogenes (Vervoort, 1923), which is no longer available. The serovar name is therefore associated with the year 1923. Mochtar (1927) was the first investigator to study the strain and to differentiate Salinem from the strain Icterohaemorrhagiae, Hebdomadis, Rachmat, Sumatra, Deli B and saprophytic leptospires isolated from water.
The strain was submitted to factor analysis by Kmety (1967), who confirmed its present status. Later it was suggested that the serovar should be placed in subgroup Pyrogenes (Dikken & Kmety, 1978).
* Thiel P.H. van. The Leptospirosis. Univ. Pers, Leiden, 1948, p. 231.
* Vervoort H. Spirochaeten bij acute koortsige ziekten van onbekenden oorsprong in de tropen. Spirochaetosis febrilis. Geneesk. tijdschr. Ned.-Ind. 63, 5, 1923, 800-839.
* Mochtar A. Onderzoekingen omtrent enige leptospiren stammen. Thesis University Amsterdam 1927.
* Kmety E. Faktoranalyse von Leptospiren der Icterohaemorrhagiae and einiger verwandter Serogruppen. Biologicke Prace, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vyd. SAV Bratislava XIII, 3, 1967, p. 124.
* Dikken H., Kmety E. Serological Typing Methods of Leptospires. Methods in Microbiol. vol. 11, 1978, 260-295.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 420,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 520,00 per 0.5 ml