Muelleri RM 2 1973
The strain was isolated in Malaysia from a rat (Rattus muelleri) by Wisseman et al. (1955) and described by Alexander et al. (1955) as a complete biotype of L. grippotyphosa, with ref. strain RM 2, although small differences (3-6% residual titre) were found.
Kokovin (1970) mentions the strain as a separate serovar under the name Rattus.
The strain was submitted to factor analysis by Kmety and Lataste-Dorolle (1973), who found it to represent a new serovar for which the name muelleri was proposed. As this last publication gives a valid description of the serovar, the name muelleri was accepted by the TSC (Manchester, 1986).
It should be noted that according to the current criteria that define a separate serovar (TSC 1987), the serovars Grippotyphosa, Ratnapura, Valbuzzi and Muelleri actually consist of a single serovar (Hartskeerl et al., 2004).
* Wisseman C.L. Jr., Traub R., Gochenour W.S., Smadel J.E., Lancaster W.E. Leptospirosis of man and animals in urban, rural and jungle areas of South-east Asia. Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 4, 1, 1955, 29-40.
* Alexander A.D., Wetmore P.W., Evans L.B., Jeffries H., Gleiser Ch.A. Classification of Leptospiral Isolates from Malaya, Thailand and North-Borneo. Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 4, 5, 1955, 492-506.
* Kokovin I.L., Chernukha Y.P. Serologicheskaya klasifikatsia leptospir gruppy Grippothyphosa. Novij serotyp ratnapura (Serological classification of leptospirae of Grippotyphosa serogroups. A new serological type ratnapura). J. Microbiol. (Moscow), no. 10, 1970,102-105.
* Kmety E., Lataste-Dorolle C. Analyse factorielle du serogroup leptospirien Grippotyphosa. Ann. Microbiol. (Inst. Pasteur) 124XB, 1973, 495-503.
* TSC meeting, 1986, Manchester: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
* Hartskeerl RA, Goris MGA, Brem S, Meyer P, Kopp H, Gerhards H, Wollanke B. Classification of Leptospira from the eyes of horses suffering from recurrent uveitis. J Vet Med; Series B 51, 2004, 110-115.
* TSC. International Committee on Systematic Bacteriology, Subcommittee on the Taxonomy of Leptospira: Minutes of the Meeting, 5 and 6 September 1986, Manchester, UK. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml