Malaya H 6 1955
The strain was isolated from a patient in Malaysia and described as a new serovar named malaya, ref. strain H 6 (Alexander et al., 1955). It appeared already in the list of 1965 (WHO, 1965) as a recognized serovar. The strain was submitted to factor analysis and it was suggested that it should be placed in the subgroup Schueffneri (Kmety, 1967).
Serovar Malaya, strain H6 has been placed in species L. inadai based on DNA homology studies (Brenner et al., 1999) but after several contradicting findings the strain was reclassified to species L. interrogans (Victoria et al., 2008)
* Alexander A.D., Wetmore P.W., Evans L.B., Jeffries H., Gleiser Ch.A. Classification of Leptospiral Isolates from Malaya, Thailand and North-Borneo. Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 4, 5, 1955, 492-506.
* WHO: Classification on Leptospires and Recent Advances in Leptospirosis. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org. 32, 5, 1965, 881-891.
* Kmety E. Faktoranalyse von Leptospiren der Icterohaemorrhagiae and einiger verwandter Serogruppen. Biologicke Prace, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vyd. SAV Bratislava XIII, 3, 1967, p. 124.
* Brenner, D. J., A. F. Kaufmann, K. R. Sulzer, A. G. Steigerwalt, F. C. Rogers, and R. S. Weyant. Further determination of DNA relatedness between serogroups and serovars in the family Leptospiraceae with a proposal for Leptospira alexanderi sp. nov. and four new Leptospira genomospecies. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 49, 1999, 839-858.
* Victoria B, Ahmed A, Zuerner RL, Ahmed N, Bulach DM, Quinteiro J, Hartskeerl RA. Conservation of the S10-spc-alpha locus within otherwise highly plastic genomes provides phylogenetic insight into the Genus Leptospira. PLoS ONE 2008;3(7):e2752.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml