Gorgas 1413 U 1977
The strain was isolated from the urine of a spiny rat (Proechimys semispinosus) in the Panama Canal Zone by Gale and studied by Galton (WHO, 1967). Before any description was published, the strain appeared in Annex 2 of the WHO list (1967) under the laboratory code LT 829 as the reference strain, with the serovar name gorgas.
The strain was submitted to factor analysis by Kmety (1977) and described as a new serovar of the subgroup Wolffi of the serogroup Sejroe. The first full report with confirmatory typing results was published by Sulzer et al. (1982). In this publication the strain designation 1413 U is given, which receives priority over the code number LT 829. The serovar Gorgas was officially recognized by the TSC in 1986 and included in the Revised list of 1988 (Kmety & Dikken, 1988).
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Kmety E. Studium antigennej structury leptospir. Klasifikacia serologickej skupiny Hebdomadis. Folia Fac. Med. Univ. Comenianae Bratisl. XV., 2, 1977, 245-309.
* Sulzer C.R., Pope V., Rogers F. New leptospiral serotypes (serovars) from the Western Hemisphere isolated during 1964 through 1970. Rev. Lat. Amer. Microbiol. 24, 1, 1982, 15-17.
* TSC meeting, 1986, Manchester: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
* Kmety E., Dikken H.: Revised List of Leptospira Serovars (accepted by the Subcommittee on the Taxonomy of Leptospira). University Press Groningen, 1988, p. 16.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml