Bulgarica Nicolaevo 1958
The strain was isolated in 1951 by Jankov in Bulgaria from a patient (Mitov, Jankov, Savov, 1955). The authors quote the strain as Lept.gen.Nicolaevo with the note, that the strain was not definitively identified. Later Babudieri (1958) confirmed its separate serovar status and designated it as bulgarica, but later (1961) he considered it to be only a 'subserotype' of serovar Autumnalis. The taxon 'subserotype' was subsequently abandoned (TSC Moscow, 1966). Therefore, in the WHO list of 1967 it appears as serovar bulgarica with the reference strain Nicolaevo.
In Dikken and Kmety's paper (1978) the serovar is placed in the subgroup Fort-Braggi.
* Mitov A., Jankov N., Savov C.G.: Dobrokachestveny leptospirozy (Benigne leptospiroses). "Nauka i istkustvo", Sofia, 1955, p. 135.
* Babudieri B.: Serological study of some East European strains of leptospira. Proc. 6th. Int. Congr. Trop. Med. Malaria Lisbon, 1958, 4,437-446 .
* Babudieri B., Mateew D.: Studio serologico di alcuni ceppi bulgari di leptospire. R. C. Ist. sup. Sanita 24, 1961, 614-622.
* TSC meeting, 1966, Moscow: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 21, 1971, 138-139.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Dikken H., Kmety E.: Serological Typing Methods of Leptospires. Methods in Microbiol., vol. 11, 1978, 260-295.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 405,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 510,00 per 0.5 ml