Manhao serogroup - 1978
The establishment of a new serogroup Manhao was proposed in 1979 in a publication of the Chinese Military Institute, the Department of Logistics of the Kunming Military Area and the National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products, Beijing, China (individual authors not mentioned). This proposal was accepted by the TSC meeting in Manchester, 1986. The proposal was based on the results of a serological study of four strains designated as serovars Manhao 1, 2, 3 and 4. Serovar Manhao 4 and its reference strain Li 130 was apparently described by Luo Heng-sheng et al. in 1978. In a paper by Gao Ji-yuan et al. (1984) designations for the reference strains attached to serovars Manhao 1, 2 and 3 are given as L70, L105 and L60 respectively.
The Manhao serogroup was further extended by the addition of serovar Lincang with its reference strain, L14 which was described by Qin Jin-cai et al. in 1981. These Chinese strains were investigated by Terpstra and his co-workers in Amsterdam. It was found that Manhao 1, 2 and 3 were so closely related that they could be considered as belonging to the same serovar. In agreement with the Chinese workers serovar Manhao 2 was chosen as the representative serovar with reference strain L 105.
The group now consists of the serovars Manhao 4 and 3, both marked by i.d. because of incomplete documentation and serovar Lincang marked by ++ because of controversial typing results.
* Institute of Military Medicine, Department of Logistics of Kunming Military Area and National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical Biological Products, Ministery of Health: A new serogroup of pathogenic - Manhao in China. Acta Microbiol. Sinica 19, 3, 1979, 230-234.
* TSC meeting, 1986, Manchester: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
* Luo Heng-sheng et al., A new serotype: Leptospira Manhao 4. Acta Microbiol. Sinica 18, 2, 1978, 91-94.
* Gao Ji-yuan, Qin Jin-cai, Xu Chun-Ian, Zhao Guifang, Tsou Pang-chu. The Taxonomy of Leptospira belonging to Ballum, Pomona, Australis, Javanica and Celledoni serogroups (in Chinese). Chinese J. Biol. Immun. 4, 1, 1984, 11-16.
* Qin Jin-cai, Chen Ming-hua, Xu Chun-Ian, Zhao Gui-fan. Factor Analysis of Leptospirae of "Manhao" serogroup and establishment of a new serotype – lincang. Chinese J. Microbiol. Immunol. l, 4, 1981, 256-259.
Showing 5 strains
Each strain costs € 420,00